Email campaigns, sales copies, banner ads, bold graphics – what more is there to do to maximize online traffic and revenues?
To drive the utmost views and ROI to your product’s website, more than just an online campaign is needed to hook your customer. Traditional offline marketing is the bait that will lure consumers to your site, expanding your website’s traffic and conversion rates to their maximum potential.
Here are 10 recommended offline strategies for increasing revenues in a progressively online marketing domain:
1. Multiple avenues: Having various pathways leading to your website is critical for credibility, as a number of entry points to an online site shows that the company is committed to serving its consumer base through all possible channels. In addition, people willing to go to a site after seeing its offline ads are typically more consistent buyers, as they have gone out of their way to view the site.
2. Consistent Message: A coherent, reliable theme for offline marketing is crucial to online traffic. Those who regularly view an unambiguous and compelling ad that references back to a company’s website are more likely to familiarize themselves with the campaign and pursue a purchase.
3. Off-the-beaten-track: Because this field of marketing intends not merely to sell a product but to entice customers to view the online site, traditionally overlooked media outlets may be surprisingly productive, such as advertising on radio/television, sidewalk benches, billboards, taxi boards, and aerial signs.
4. Postcards: Aesthetically pleasing, easily deliverable, more personal, and quick to read, postcards are direct mailing without the trouble of unsealing an envelope. Maximum impact with minimal hassle. Key for remarketing efforts.
5. Classified ads: The succinct message derived from a classified ad allows for a quick, persuasive push to view the designated website. Here, adding a QR code that allows a smart phone to directly connect to the website is extremely advantageous. In a classified ad, simplicity and boldness are key qualities!
6. Flyers: The power of flyers is their physical persistence. While it is easy to click “X” out of a fleeting website page, a tangible flyer sitting on a kitchen counter will insistently compel consumers to act upon it.
7. Radio/TV: People are known to be more unwound and concentrated on advertisements both early in the morning and late in the evening, which are both perfect times to embed the website’s URL into a consumer’s memory.
8. Follow-Up: While customers may scan over a site but forget to return to their shopping bags later, a recurring newsletter or circular will effectively remind customers of the value and development of your product.
9. Relationship-Building: Maintaining personal connections through offline mediums such as birthday discounts, markdowns after a certain number of online purchases, and periodic bulletins will build allegiance and trust in your consumer base.
10. Test, tests, and more tests!: Continually reviewing what offline strategies are effective and profitable, through phone, mail, or online surveys at the time of sale, will allow for your best offline strategies to thrive and mature.